Monday, June 26, 2006

Psalms 139:13

"Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mothers womb" (The Message)

I have probably taught on this verse a thousand times and I use in alot in a couple of my self-image/God is crazy about you talks. Well, in those talks I always talk about how we are not factory assembled creations and it not like God was just spitting us out a conveyer belt. But, he spent time creating us, he knows how many hairs on our head, we are his work of art, etc, etc, etc.

Well, I am beginning to rethink the whole factory assembled part. Well, at least, the "there is no one like you anywhere else, you are unique creation". I have been speaking at camps and retreats for the last 7 years and the last couple of years I have been getting out of Michigan more and more.

Here's what I have found. Either God is tricky or kids just look alike. I swear, the last couple of years it's been like playing a giant matching game with kids from all over the country. I met a Jr. high boy this week who could be the twin of a guy from my youth group at NorthRidge. I met a girl in Albany, New York that I swear could be the twin of a girl I met last summer in Kentucky.

So, I am wondering what's going on. Did God just get tired? I, of course am not trying to question God on his creation making ability, but it's fun playing the country wide matching game.

1 comment:

Ben Wilcox said...

Hey Jason,
I've really enjoyed reading your blog the last few months. I am a member at Willow, and I am very excited that you will be joining us there soon. I primarily volunteer with our children of divorce ministry (Oasis), but recently, I've been hanging out around Elevate. I'm mostly there trying to steal Scott's ideas! Anyway, blessings to you and your fam. as you take this leap. I hope to see you around the Creek, and I am always willing to help you as you get settled. Later,
Ben Wilcox

benjamin_wilcox@hotmail.com