Saturday, June 10, 2006

Things are Different...

They just are and I am glad. I can't even begin to explain all the things that are different in my life right now, but one that stands out is how much I miss Tracie when I am on trips. I know that probably sounds weird, because I should miss her on every trip and I think have, but nothing like these past couple of dozen.

It's hard to explain, and I think I am going to go Jerry McGuire here, but I just don't feel complete without her. There was a pretty good span of trips where I didn't feel like this, and I don't know why. Probably my stupidness, most likely. But, I just miss her. We have probably talked 3-4 times today and have been texting all day, it's like we're high school kids and I love it.

What's the hardest about traveling without her is that I don't feel like I get to experience it fully without her here. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but I have been to some really cool places the past couple of years and as I think about them, I am just like, well, it would of been better with her. I wish she could travel with me, but I am really not mister big time speaker who can ask for a second airfare. Well, I have started asking, so hopefully people don't think I am a tool for asking. The other hitch is finding people to watch the kids if she comes, thats a whole other deal. I actually almost brought Bekah with me on this trip and I think that would of been great fun. Maybe the next.

Anyways, I think I have learned a lot these past 9 years of marriage and I am so blessed to have Tracie. She is the most faithful, consistent, loving person I know and I miss her.

No comments: