Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Interesting Leadership Article

My buddy Tom sent me an awesome Leadership article.

Check it out
  • Leadership Article

  • Check out his blog
  • Tom Rundel


  • The article will really play around you, so be careful before you read it. Here's the gist:

    As a Leader, this is where you should spend your time

    50% of your time Managing your Self
    25% of your time Managing your Superiors
    20% of your time Managing your Peers
    5% of your time Managing the People under you.

    Huh, was my first thought and Really? was my second thought.

    Then it really started to make sense to me. I have been in ministry for 11 years. 11 years are as a full time youth pastor/non-profit director/speaker. The one thing that I have consistently sucked at is taking care of myself. It's true. For years, I just ran at crazy paces. I ran this fast so I could lead as many kids to Christ as possible, so we could have the biggest youth group, have the biggest & best events, encourage as many youth pastors as possible and speak everywhere I possibly could and reach/love/encourage as many as possible. I had a heck of a time saying "no".

    That's why this leadership article makes sense to me. Or it's because I can't run at the pace I did when I was 20 or 25 or even 28. For me, when I hit 30, wild things started happening. I know I am still super young, but I am making a huge effort to take care of my self and my family more than ever.

    No comments: