Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Repulsed?

Huh, someone left this comment on Marko's blog today about the Jr. high summit:

"All very interesting. What will come of it? I have to admitt that I am repulsed and attracted by the meeting. It makes me nervous when “power brokers” sit in a room to talk about the future of things. But it is a jr high power team so I am really curious about how your conversations will effect the face of young teen ministry."

Comment by mike

Wow, I don't get that at all. He uses the word "power brokers", huh. If anything, time and time again, I heard these words this week: "Our ministry is trying to figure out how to reach students better", "I feel unqualified", "I just pray that God would use a guy like me" and "I am so thankful that God would use me".

Well, what are ya gonna do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.
Veronica Corningstone: Really.
Ron Burgundy: People know me.
Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm very happy for you.
Ron Burgundy: I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Obviously mike may think you guys are like rthe "Ron Burgundy's" of the Youth Ministry world... hmmm

Jason Raitz said...

I hate to admit it, but I do echo the words of my hero...Ron Burgundy. And I do want to play the jazz flute, I do.