Thursday, April 13, 2006

An Incredible Man



So yesterday I got to hang out with a friend from Chicago, Scott Rubin. I met Scott about 4 years ago when he interviewed me for a job, well that didn't work out, but we both knew I wasn't the right person. Anyways, we hooked back up a few years ago and he has been great encourager and mentor. Every time we talk, I hang up the phone with a new pep in my step. Scott has even asked me to come teach his students a couple of times and those weekends have been highlights for me.
He has a great team, and every weekend we have been there has been a riot.

Anyways, Project311 brought him out to Detroit to do a training for Jr. high youth workers yesterday. It went really well. Scott did a fantastic job and I have heard great feedback so far from those who attended. One of my very good friends, Mark Butler, opened up his church as a host for us. He blessed us and helped us make the training a success. We had a great mix of youth workers attend and they seem to enjoy talking with each other.

After the training, Todd & Bev and their daughter took us out to dinner and we had a great time. Scott and his wife Carrie was there and Jason Shinn came with us. It was fun to laugh and we enjoyed a great dinner, and I mean great. Then it was off to the Piston's game. Wow, that was a great time!

Scott and I headed back to my house for the night. Now here's the deal, Scott is incredible with kids. He has 3 boys and every time he has been with my kids, they just love him. Since he stayed in Bekah's room, she hid some Easter eggs and a couple of presents for him to find, she is super sweet like that.

All in all it was a great training and it was great hanging out with Scott.

No comments: