Saturday, April 01, 2006

One of my Best Friends




You have ever have a hard time writing down what someone means to you? Well, it is that way for me when it comes Tom Rundel. Man, this guy is probably one of my best friends and is one the greatest friends someone could ever have. I have known Tom for probably 11 or 12 years and we have been through a lot of life together. We met at Mountain Jacks, a prime rib restaurant we both worked at, way back when. He was a dish washer, I was a cook, and I was told to train him. It wasn't long before Tom was 4 times the cook I was. Well, long story short he got really involved at my first church and we lived ministry together 8 years. Any "success" I have had in ministry is because of Tom. When you talk about being supportive, he could write a book on it. When it comes to being a servant, his life is a great example. When it comes to 1 Cor. 13, Tom is it. He is patient, he is kind, he is so incredibly loving, it's amazing. He's a great husband, and he's a great dad. He's a stinking great youth pastor and an awesome son.

So, if you haven't noticed, I love this guy with everything I am. Tom and his Kara have had their share of crappy life moments these past two years and I wish I could of taken all of the pain away from them. They have gone through more in 2 years than most do in a lifetime and I so wish God would of allowed me to suffer and not them. Their son Isaac has had numerous surgeries and extensive hospital stays. And in the spring they lost a son, Elijah. Have you ever been so close to someone that you can feel their pain? Well, it's sort of like that with Tom. Now, I know I have never come close to feeling their pain like they have, but my heart has ached with them.

One of the things I love most about Tom, is our ability to just talk forever. I know, we sound like a bunch of girls, but I love talking with him. We talk pretty reguraly, even though he lives a couple of hours away from me. These pictures are from our rock star days. Tom by the way is excellent guitar player. How could he not be with his foot long fingers.

Anyways, I love him and I ask God to bless him, make His face shine upon him, give HIm peace, take away his burdens, ease up life, financially bless (they have racked up about $20K in medical debt because insurance companies suck) and wrap His arms around his family.

No comments: