Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lifechanging verse for me

Psalm 51:1-15

Generous in love, God, give grace!
Huge in mercy, wipe out my bad record.
Scrub away my guilt, soak out my sins in your laundry.
I know how bad I've been, my sins are staring me down.

You're the One I've violated, and you'veseen it all, see the full
extent of my evil.
You have all the facts before you;
whatever you decide is fair.
I've been our of step with you for a long time,
in the wrong since before I was born.
What you're after is truth from the inside out.
Enter me, then, conceive a new, true life.

Soak me in our laundy and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll
have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing
Don't look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out wit the trash, or
fail to breathe holiness in me.

This is my prayer today.

No comments: