Saturday, April 01, 2006

It is so Cool How God Provides

I have been invited the last couple of years to an extremely beneficial and very cool conference or summit or forum of sorts. I think it's techinally put on by
  • Marko
  • , but I think it was started by Eric Venable (An awesome guy and a cool friend) and Marko, but I am not sure about that. It was started to draft a letter to the "Church" about the importance of Jr. High Ministry. So, a gathering of incredible Jr. high ministry leaders from around the country assembled and laid it out. Sweet, yeah I know. So, anyway, I was invited a couple of years ago and I was like, what? Who me? But, I got together the funds (my church wouldn't pay for it, I still have a hard time letting that one go, but that's for another post) and headed out to San Diego. I remember walking into the room that first day sort of being "ministry star" struck. There is typically only about 20 leaders there and it's a great time. Great experience, great discussion, great relationship building and great learning.

    So, I got the official invite this year and I can't wait. The only hitch was I didn't know how to pay for it. Money is tighter than tight and it just doesn't exist for something like this. So, anyways, I get a phone call today from a former board member of Project311 and he was like you going? I was like, well...and he was like, let's get your plane ticket right now. And he bought it for me right then and there. Man, how awesome is that. It amazes me how God provides. Believe it or not, the same thing happened last year and Marko totally blessed me by helping me get out there. This last year has been tough and it's been tough having to learn to put out the ask. I am bad with it, but I am learning.

    No comments: