Monday, June 05, 2006

The 1 year Anniversary of Blitzfest

So, yesterday was the one day anniversary of Blitzfest. Blitzfest was a 2 day music fetival that our ministry hosted last year that had over 60 bands. Including Pillar, Tait, Starfield, Kids in the Way, Skillet, Grits, John Rueben, Paul Wright, Stellar Kart, TFK and many more.

Anyways, I haven't written much about Blitzfest or I really haven't even talked much about it. Partially because I still can't. I can't explain it, but it is still hard to think about it. Basically, the event went great, but we fell about 800 people short of what needed to cover costs and we hit rock bottom.

After Elevate Sunday night, Tracie and I drove through the park where we hosted it. I hadn't been to the park since last year and it was good to go back.

I learned a ton of lessons through Blitzfest and I am thankful for those. Needless to say, this last year has probably been the toughest of my life. When I am ready I will write more about it. But for now, here are some photos of the event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason,
Glad you went back. I hope that the sour taste of all the money lost does not stop you from being creative in the future.
Jared