Saturday, January 14, 2006

Wow, it's on pt. 2

And then there is the summer. So far to date, we have had 11 requests! Wow, I never have had that many requests, too bad they are all for the same weeks that are already booked. I am teaching at Camp Timber-Lee in June, then July is really cool. It starts with Summer Celebration July 10-14, then I fly home for my sister-n-law's wedding and the guys (the Project311 worship team) drive to Mexico to the Adventures in Mission base in Matamoros, after the wedding I will fly to Mexico to be with them for a week there, then we will drive back up to Ohio for Camp Velocity (this is our third year with them) for a week of summer camp with hundreds of students.

So, lots of ministry and I believe we are really making a difference. But, it can't happen without giving from people to help fund us. I am dealing with stress a whole lot better than I used to. I used to get these headaches that would ground me for days, now I sleep awfully rough, grind my teeth and gain weight! Crap, I hate that one. I wish stress made me loose weight, I really do. This time last year I was 20 pounds lighter, but I have started the start of the end.

So, lot's of stress. One of my favorite verse's is Matthew 11:28 where Jesus says "Come to me when you are weary and burdened and I will give you rest". I love how the Message puts it...."Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me, watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace." We are trying to do this every day, just hand it all over to him. So, it’s a journey, we are relying on God and trusting Him to provide for us while we encourage students to Love God passionately and to Love others selflessly.

No comments: