Saturday, March 25, 2006

Why can't I see people how God does

One of my favorite authors is John Ortberg. Actually, I could read his stuff over and over, I absolutely love it. His book, The life you've always wanted, literally changed my life. Anyways, I was in our local Family Christian Store, which is always a trip. I love being tempted to buy...Testa-Mints, and the newest Purpose driven flash cards (no offense Rick), but something happened this trip that has me shocked and appalled.

I was being helped by a cashier who I judged as soon I laid eyes on him. Why the heck did I do this? What the heck is wrong with me? One of favorite verses to teach on is 1 John 3:11...The message is simple...Love one another. It says to love, no matter what or who. So, I wish I could see people how God sees them. In John Ortberg's book, Everybody's normal till you get to know them, he talks about the As is principle. Too often we won't take merchandise because it's damaged or messed up, but God loves As Is. Every part of us.

My daily prayer is that I will love As is.

No comments: