Monday, March 27, 2006

2|42 Yesterday's Highlights

So I have been at 2|42 almost a month and I have to say it's going pretty well. I made a promise to Tracie that I would really try to pace myself at 2|42. Usually my pattern for starting at a new church is to jump in and go crazy. Plan big nights, outreach events, say yes to everything, and burn out myself and my family. Well, I actually said the the "no" word last week. Our creative arts director, who is one of the most talented people I have ever been around, asked me to co worship lead with him for Sunday's services. I actually said no, it killed me to, but I did. The kids were crazy sick last week, again, and I knew Tracie needed some much needed relief, so I said no. It was very hard, but I did it. Plus, the musicians at our church are stinkin incredible and deep down I would feel weird playing with them, because I am not good, unless I am playing Hootie, YOU KNOW IT.

So, both services went very well. Our 4 & 5th grade ministry, Kid Fusion, had their own worship team for the first time, and the cool part of that is a couple of them are in our student ministry. Nothing better than students serving in the children's ministry.

We are in a cool series called Difficult People and our pastor Dave, really hit it home. It's cool being at a church where I really track with the teacher. The worship did great and they played the doxology and it was sweet. The older I get, the less I like loud and the less I like super clappy songs. WHO WOULD OF SEEN THAT ONE COMING. I am like the president of the Every Move I Make fan club, but I am on a weird journey when it comes to emotions and worship, and the physical act of it all.

So, the only part that I really don't jump for joy at is getting there at 7am to set up. Sorry, I feel bad about that. We have an unreal group of servants and I feel bad, because I have been there for 4 Sundays, and they have done a year's worth. I am praying about that, that I would love to get there and set up and serve.

No comments: