Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I have a problem with Alcohol...

I do, I admit, probably not the best place (the world wide web) to deal with it, but I am going to anyways.

Now, before you get all ruffled and get that super christian voice...you know the one..."you can't be a christian and drink, you can't be a christian and have fun"...you know the voice.

My problem is not with me drinking, it's just that I hate alcohol. The only alcohol I have ever had was 8th grade when I graduated from confirmation and I could now partake in communion. So, my problem is not with me drinking, it's just alcohol in general. For some reason I have a serious hate for the stuff. I know it's not wrong to drink, it is wrong to get drunk, ok, I know that. But still, for some reason, I just hate it. That's my problem. The problem gets bigger for me when I realize that most of my friends drink and for some reason it just drives me crazy. I know I am the biggest hypocrite out there, but it still bugs me. I don't know, maybe some day I will figure it out. I don't know if I don't drink because my family has had it's share of alcoholics and down deep I worry about not being able to be disciplined enough to not let it consume me. I mean, I lack major discipline with eating, so would that spill over. I dont' know. I am on a weird journey when it comes to drinking. Also, I married a woman who hates it as well and whose family had it's fair share of alcoholics. So, I dont' know.

No comments: