Friday, March 03, 2006

I am tired of dropping the ball


As a parent, I am so tired of dropping the ball. I get so mad at myself sometimes when I think of my parenting. My kids deserve so much more and so many times I find myself too tired to play, or losing my patience to or quick to yell. My kids are stinkin terrific and I need to slow down and give them so much more of me. My parents are my role models when it comes to parenting, they were great, and I admire them greatly. My mom made everything special, even when they had no money, she made everything an event. My dad has the patience of the wind, I don't know what that means, but the man will just sit with my kids forever and play, they love it. I need to learn from them.

I want to give these boys and my princess a childhood that they will remember for their lifetime. I need to give them my whole attention, I need to make play time the best part of the day and I need learn to discipline better. I need to spend more time praying with them and reading the bible together. These kids deserve it.

No comments: