Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Moment at MacMcDonalds (As Bobby would say it)

After school yesterday, Bekah let me know we should stop at McDonalds so she could play and I could work. This is a bi-weekly activity for us. She plays and I write out Thank you cards as she plays. By the way...I HATE MCDONALDS! I wish they wouldn't of added so those new Cinnamon Melts, the cinnamon, roll type thing, oh, it's from the Devil....
But it's so GOOD!! Anyways.


So I am sitting there, minding my own business and this older lady taps me on my shoulder, huh. She proceeds to ask me if she could use my cell phone to call her son to have him come pick her up.

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I realized I have never asked a stranger to use their cell phone before. Or I don't think that's ever happened to me before...someone in McDonalds, a complete stranger, asking to use my phone. Sure, kids in my youth group always use my phone, and friends, But never a stranger.

Of course I said yes and she thanked my by buying me a Cinnamon Melt. Oh Happy Day!

No comments: