Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Does it get better?

I am watching the Grammy's (before Lost of course) and U2 is playing Vertigo, I don't think it gets better than that!

I also learned that most of Fall Out Boy still lives at home with their parents, huh, the reason...
their moms clean up after them. Yeah, that makes sense. I also saw someone from E interview Jars of Clay, that was cool. Now, Kelly Clarkston is on, she is great, and I love her a lot. I am actually in her fan club, no I'm not, (you know I am).

I am in new territory with music, I am the first to admit it. I grew up on a pretty strict diet of only "Christian" music, bands like...Mylon Lefevre (that's spelled wrong), Petra, Whiteheart, WhiteCross, Rez Band, Servant (you go Randy Brown) and really for the most part of jr. and high school, my parents wouldn't let me listen to "secular music". So for years, I was a "christian" music only guy. I still listen to a lot of "christian" artists but "secular" artists have started to make it into my listening ears. From a music standpoint, there is no such thing as "christian" or "secular" music, just the worldview they present I guess. As a youth pastor I spent years telling kids that if they listened to music that wasn't godly, they were lovers of satan. I don't think I would say that now, I know I would not.

I will tell you this, it was hard all those years not listening to Hootie and the Blowfish, man I love them! Love you Hootie!

So, I am on a journey with music and enjoying it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

the trouble w/"christian only" music is that you miss out on great christian bands like chevelle and mae and mxpx who don't do the contemporary christian music scene.

i just discovered a band called VAST that's incredible. not at all christian. but they have a song called "i'm dying" that opens with the line "Jesus Christ, are you the son of God?" it's intense. awesome.