Saturday, February 18, 2006

Pre Game Ritual

I wonder if I am the only one who does this. So, before I speak, doesn't matter where or how many people. I have a pre game ritual. Does that sound weird? Well, let me tell you what it is.

First, about 6-7 hours before the event I start to get pretty impatient, don't know why, gotta work on this.

Second, I get ready. I love to shower before every time I speak, weird, I know.

Third, I show up, find who's in charge. Mingle, meet people.

Fourth, Drop into a crazy shell. This is weird for me, people think I am sick. I was speaking for a youth pastor a couple of weekends ago and I was sitting in the crowd about to fall asleep and an adult leader next to me was like..."Aren't you the speaker? You can't fall asleep". So, then the youth pastor introduced me and boom I am out of that shell or tiredness.

Fifth, I do some mad strecthing. Yeah, you read that right. I move like dog on a cold summer day, so I need to. I sometimes get some really weird looks, but I think that's funny.

Sixth, I pray like crazy. I seem to think too highly of myself at times so I always pray Phil. 2 before I speak. I don't know how I started but I remember when, the very beginning. I always pray that I would consider myself nothing, you know it's easy to get a big head when people start laughing with you.

Seventh, I communicate. I love to try to find the unhappy people in the crowd. Tonight, it was an older gentlemen who would just not laugh. So, I locked eyes with him the whole night, and yes, he did laugh.

So, there it is. I know it's weird. But it's not a wear my lucky shorts or my lucky cup like baseball players or do I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooooo.... You wear a cup when you teach?