Sunday, July 16, 2006

A turn of events and some changes

Well, I am suppose to be in Matamoros, MX right now. Actually, I was supposed to fly out at 6:30am this morning to teach 6 youth groups at the Adventures of Mission basecamp in Matamoros. But, I am not there and I am sitting in my living room.

I just got off the phone with my brother who is in MX with Zach and Drew and I am feeling bad for not being there. Let me just say this, I hate backing out of a trip, nothing worse. I think I have only done it once before and I was deathly ill. Thank goodness Zach and the boys have all the bases covered and I was able to back out.

Why did I back out last minute? Well, that's a long story. But the simple answer is some health issues. Turns out the infection on my knee a few weeks ago wasn't caused by a bug bite, but a cyst of some sort...still working on the details of it all. But, a few days ago I found one on my neck and I needed to make sure it didn't get infected like the one on my knee. So, off to the doctors again. They numbed it, drained it and cut it off. How much fun. I asked the doctor about my trip to Mexico and he said it should be fine if I stayed out of the sun, kept it dry, didn't sweat and relaxed. So, after praying and talking with Tracie, we figured it would be best not to risk another infection. And because the guys were already going, they would be able to fill in for me.

The cause of these little friends...stress, poor diet and I don't know what else, yet. So, I know this a great sign to make sure I change my lifestyle.

I did talk with the guys tonight and the Matamoros trip is night and day to the one we just got off of. So, I will be praying for them. They get back Friday and we leave on Sunday for Camp Velocity. I can't wait for Velocity. This will be our third year and I am honored that they asked us back. I get to hang out with Mark Butler, Phil Woodman, Jason Shinn, Dave Kurt, Dana Kidder, the boys in the band and how awesome is this...MY FAMILY! Yes, they get to come on this one and I can't wait. We leave Sunday for Kenyon College in Gambier, OH.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Probably a smart move staying back. You'll be in our prayers.