Friday, July 28, 2006

What a Night

I can safely say that tonight's session did not go that well. The worship was awesome and Shinn and the guys did an awesome job in the auditorium. But when the middle school students left and came over to my room, something just didn't connect. I can definately say that my talk tonight didn't go all that well. Couple of problems:

  • There are quite a few kids who have heard me speak more than a dozen times. The crazy thing is they remember my stories, why do they? I am trying to tell new stories or reworked stories, but they catch on. They say stuff like..."I love this one, you already told that 2 years ago, you told it differently last time".
  • We had some sleepers tonight.
  • I don't know if I can say this, or it will sound toolish, but I just don't do as well speaking to crowds of 100 or less. I know that sounds bad, but it's been a long time since I have spoke to smaller groups of kids. My comfort zone is definately bigger groups, and I need to retool to connect with the smaller groups. It's a whole different ball game speaking to smaller groups than the larger groups.
Then we had some Jr. high guys, just being jr. high guys and during a prayer, the serious moment of the night, they just started laughing and couldn't stop. It was funny, but probably came at the wrong time.

Well, I don't know what the purpose of this post was, other than being disappointed with myself. 2 talks to go, got to finish strong.

On a different note, my folks came down for Bobby's birthday, he is 4 years old July 28th. Yeah.

No comments: